Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The Night of the Coyotes....It's Me Ikey:)




Hey everyone it's me...Ikey! I know I am supposed to be writing about school but this was so scary and exciting I thought I would "blog" about it " I am such a stud:)) Well, not really thanks to my other mother:))



Late last night I was resting in my awesome bed ( platform bed, right next to Mommy's head) when I heard something outside. I looked around the room to see if anyone else heard it but Kaylie was snoring, Andre was curled up on his couch with his moo she and Scooby doo, King of the bed, was curled up between mom and dad, so maybe I was just dreaming. I started to relax when I heard it again!!! Yes, I really did!!! It was almost a low moan...maybe a cow??? Now I have not seen too many cows in our neighborhood, but there are chickens, so maybe a cow can be there to??? Hmmm what could it be. I waited and waited to hear it again...and then BAM POW WHAM everyone went sprinting down the stairs and through our special door. We all try and cram through it at the same time and sometimes we get stuck. Now we are outside in the dark, alone, without Mom or Dad to protect us. "I'm not so sure about this" I tell Kaylie. She is such a BIT&^ and calls me a scaredy CAT. I am not a CAT, no way, no how, but I am a little scared. I have a Job to do for Mommy and I can't be out chasing Cows in the middle of the night!. Andre comes up behind me and tells me "I have heard this sound before when I lived in Arizona". Now, I have been to Sedona Arizona but I never heard anything like this. I really liked Sedona, with it's big rocks, and lots of great smelling trees. a cool patio just for me but back to the story...



Now we are all outside, even Scooby. The dogs from up the hill are outside as well. They are barking too, but they always bark, so it's not a good measure of the danger taking place. We all stand outside, together, as a pack..but nothing more happens. Good, I mean RATS, I wanted to show how brave I could be.




Back upstairs we all go. Sleepy time again. Then, AUWOOOOOOOOO.......There it is again. Scramble the troops, ready the ammunition, lets go, lets go.




This time Daddy comes outside to see what is going on. He leans over to Scooby who is visibly shaking and tells him "It's okay, it's only the coyotes". ONLY THE COYOTES! Now, I am not sure what they are but it sounds bad. Wait, I know who that is, I saw him on TV" The Box" the other day. He goes around bombing people, dropping ROCKS on their head, and Daddy doesn't think this is someone to be deathly afraid of, his he NUTS!!! This COYOTE has enough ammunition to blow up every dog house in our city, usually have a Road Runner fast on his trail What if the two converged on our back yard??.. We would be like John Edwards at the last debate, staying out of the way why the two other annihilate each other, hoping it wouldn't hurt their LIKABILITY, which this whole presidentail campaigns is about, I watch many of the debates and I have not heard how the candidates are going to fix the problems with the country, They all say " I am the candidates for change", but HOW are they going it! I have not heard one great idea...like ending puppy mills or REALLY punishing people who fight us dogs. We are lovers, not fighters, wink wink




Dad finally told me what a real coyote is. He told me that the pack uses one member to make their prey more secure because there is only one coyote, and then when the prey lets it's guard down, 5-6 come out of the bushes and well...One can hope for a nice outcome. I was scared and was still scared as we tried to smush each other through the door to the race upstairs to stake out our spots. I have to be able to stand over Mommy in the night to make sure she is breathing,and if she is, I give her a little kiss and lay back down. Uh, Scooby is not happy. When he is not happy watch out, your special sleeping area becomes his, the toy in your mouth, he takes it out with his teeth. If I am sitting somewhere with Mommy, he pushes me out of the way. I know he is just insecure and jealous!,, Jealous of my beautiful black mane, long eyelashes, eyebrow, goatee...and the fact that I get to go everywhere. When I got to go with Mommy to see "Firehouse Dog" Scooby wouldn't let me have any toys. He said that since I had gone out and saw the movie HE wanted to see, I didn't get toys this week:{{{




We all listened for the " Coyotes" that dad said he heard. I still think it was a cow because the Coyote lives in the Box called 'tv" and can't get out of that box




I gotta get my beauty rest, I have many fans at school ( poor mommy isn't doing as well) and I have asked Mom for business cards for myself, modeling my beautiful black coat. I don't think I will be getting any, at least not now. Please keep reading my blog and if there is something special you want to hear about let me know




Love Ikey Doodo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ikey- you look pretty good in you outfit// j keep up the good work

Love ,

Dad

Anonymous said...

Thanks Dad for the support, I love you!