Thursday, January 24, 2008

Forgotten Mind!

Yesterday I went to school for the second day, and already my age is showing:) I forgot my notebook, pens, anything to possible take notes on and with. How could I do that on only my second day?. It's not like I can run across campus and get to my dorm room to retrieve said items. It's not like I know anybody I can borrow them from. I searched my car from top to bottom hoping that I would have a pen somewhere in there. Who doesn't keep a pen in their car for emergencies, who I ask...ME!. Of course now I remember in my Emergency backpack that I got for Christmas there is a pen and pad, but I couldn't remember that yesterday either. I was worried about my physical health, not my mental health!. Getting older sucks:)



So off we went, running (yeah right) to the bookstore. Quick in and out I was thinking. Nope. not happening on the second full day of classes. Lines, lines,lines out the door, Lines to drop off backpack, lines to return books, lines to buy books. I don't need any of that...I just need a PIECE of Paper!. Okay, calm down, your upsetting the dog, which I think I was. Poor Ikey. He is trying to get used to this place and here I am pulling him towards an ocean of loud people, strange noises, and the food court!. We drop of our backpack and get a number so I can retrieve it on my way out, great. One helpful boy decided that I was just too cute, wink wink, to help myself so he decided to explain all about the different notepads they have, the features and benefits of each, and their prices. Okay, this is not buying a car, I just need a PIECE OF PAPER. I took the $3.00 one and off to the register. Have you ever been to DisneyWorld?. How the lines are deceptively short?. How the lines actual wrap around 12 city blocks and a football field?. Yes, this is what happened next. They had lines that lead you through the whole store just to get to checkout. Meanwhile, I am sweating, my perfectly coiffed hair is in ruins and Ike is looking around like a dog in a candy store. Why you ask, because there was CANDY the whole way through the line just at his level. I felt like a r0bot telling him to leave it, leave it, leave it..and on.

Okay..now RUN to class (yeah right) you don't want to be late your first day. Past the skateboarders ( Ike not too sure about those), past the goths( please don't put a curse on me), past the ARMY ( please don't shoot me) and finally arriving at class!. Yeah I made it. Boy, Ike lots tired out. " Let's go in and you can take a nap" I said to Ike, and I really wanted one too.

Okay, here we got, got my $3.00 pad of paper and I am all set. Wait, wait, there is something else that I am missing??hmmmm What could it be??? No, you have just got to be kidding. A have NOTHING to write with. Flashback: First day of first grade....I got so upset about not having a pencil that I wet my pants:(((( That was not a good day. Flashforward: Do I feel a warming sensation going through my body???It can't be......Nope not that but I feel my face and neck getting very red and I am sweating. How can I be sooo stupid. I don't have time to walk all the way back to the student center. I guess I have to actual talk to someone. and not only that. but to get that person to respond with a positive yes. So I ask the girl three rows away who won't even look at me. " Do you have Pen I can borrow for the class, I was so stupid and forgot everything today, have you ever done that" I said trying to be as nice and friendly as I can be. Without ever looking at me or answering she pulls out a stumpy (yes, just like me) pencil no bigger than my thumb and hands it to me. If I was ANY bigger I would not have been able to hold it, it was so small. Beggars can't be choosy so I thanked he profusely and told her how grateful I was....no comment from the silent one.

Okay, this is where it get REALLY great. I could not make this stuff up. I thought when I started this I would be at a loss for things to write about, HA, there is so much material that today's blog is going to be pretty long. Hold onto your seats folks, the ride is just beggining!

Tune in LATER for the Teacher from the Asylum!

No comments: