Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The first day of school!


Oh my god! I can't believe it! I am almost 40 and I am going to be a Freshman all over beginning today. What have I gotten myself into this time, I ask myself as I sit here writing this. I am too old to be a freshman. I remember being a freshman and looking at people my age and laughing at them for being at school. Were they losers and didn't get a college education when they were young! Did they really think that no one noticed how OLD they were, and their clothes were so old fashioned. Did they just want to pick up younger women...or GUYS! YUCK!. Well. here I am wondering if people are going to say the same things about me. Of course they are correct about the guys, wink wink. I should tell you all that I am married with 4 furry children. Kaylie, Andre, Scooby and Ike. Ike is my trusty service dog and will be a big part of this blog. He goes EVERYWHERE with me. He hates shopping (like most men), loves Starbucks, their cookies, not coffee, and loves to swim. I hope there are no fountains on campus or we might be getting wet!.


About me: Stumpy, average weight, brown hair (used to be blonde but I just colored it to be a more serious student) and have had 72 surgeries in the past couple years. Yes, 72, that's right. I lost two muscles in my leg ( hence Ike the service dog) have had major staph infections several times, ended up in Intensive care after an over zealous Doctor overdosed me on Methadone...yeah, breathing is NOT overrated no matter what they tell ya!. Keep giving blood as I have had many blood transfusions. I wonder whose blood I have coursing through my veins??? Can I blame them for the thoughts I am putting down on this blog??? Thoughts for another day!


Back to this school thing! I am starting as a freshman, I think I told you that already. I have a B.A in Psychology already from a school back East in Connecticut. I am attending Palomar College in San Marcos California. You might have heard of San Marcos??? Ike Turner just died there of an overdose of Cocaine. Not really what I want you to think of my campus so forget I told you that.


Ahhh College, the hopes and dreams of youth. I just hope and dream that my 90 year old body can even make it every day. I am on the 12 step program for this...take 12 steps at a time and hopefully Ike and I will make it to our classroom.


I hope no one is allergic...to Ike....not an almost 40 year old freshman! Until later



2 comments:

the "other mother" said...

Too funny...Ikey Doodle and Ike Turner!! Same bad facial hair but... we love our Ikey!

the "other mother" said...
This comment has been removed by the author.