Thursday, January 24, 2008

Tails from the wunderdog!...it's me...Ikey



Notes from Me, Ikey


I love my new title, I made it up myself with my Mom's help. She said I should write a blog from my point of view so I am going to try:) I hope you can follow along on my journey too!


The first day of school wasn't too bad for me. Mom seemed nervous so I felt nervous too. I wanted to stay home where my other friends had plans to play with the new chew toys we got. I know mommy needs me but she just seems so scared that now I am scared too.


We got to this place called "school". I have been to school myself so I thought I would see plenty of dogs like me walking around doing their jobs, but I didn't see tails anywhere. No tails, no barking, no fun butt smells...what kind of "school" is this?.


As we began to walk to "classes" Mom was leaning on me pretty hard. I know her leg hurts her a lot so I need to be strong, stand up straight and help her as best as I can!. There were a lot of things to smell on the ground but I didn't have time to stop and smell the "roses" we had to get to "class".


STAIRS!!!!! I had to help Mom up two flights of stairs. I thought I had remembered a ramp somewhere near "class" but I couldn't find it for her. I hope I still get a cookie once we get there....cookies, cookies, cookies...FOCUS IKE!


Here we are "class' at last. Mom found a great place for me to lay down right in front of her. She unpacked her things and got ready for whatever she needs to do here in "class". "Excuse me, ah Mom, ah you forgot something " I gave her bag a little smell and nudge, " Mom, please please I really need a cookie" and I nudged her bag again. She looked down at me with the smile I love so much and said the magic words " Do you want a cookie you good boy". VICTORY VICTORY, It's mine all mine. She took out my favorite Charlie Bear treats and boy she was so generous. Maybe because she knows I must be nervous too.


Nap time is here. The room filled up with lots of people, funny looking, funny smelling, strange people. They were all dressed like me! Black Coats....at least I fit in. Mommy has pink on, I bet she feels silly:) A good smelling girl sat near me and put this AMAZING furry thing on the floor. "Is it a fox" I asked myself. It sure doesn't smell like a fox. "Is it a sheepdog in need of a haircut" no....too small and skinny. I guess I need to investigate further. So, while Mom was busing listening to someone and not watching me with her normal human eyes, I s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d as far as I could, I c-r-e-e-p-e-d ever so closer....and finally...it's a it's a darn fake fur something. Darn that girl, why couldn't she have at least brought a hamster!. I decided I would ever so gently rest my head on it and hope she wouldn't look down and swipe it out from under me. The girl looked down on me all of a sudden and I knew my fate was sealed...she gave me a hug grin and looked back at mom and said it was okay, but when I looked at mom...I knew no cookie parade after class. She was not all that happy with me.


So "class" was okay. People talked to me as they left, told me how much they love my eyebrows, eyelashes and beard. Yeah, I know I'm pretty cute, but I have my own issues. Does my collar make me look fat, Does my harness accentuate my boyish hips?? Yes, I too, wonderdog and all have the same insecurities as any dog.


Until next time.....Keep your nose clean, fleas at bay, and hug your own dog everyday


Paws to you....Ikeydoodledoo


No comments: