Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Just a little info


I wanted to share a little bit of my story which is just one of the amazing Canine Support team stories. Since I was born I always bruised and swelled from little falls or small traumas and life went on as usual, I just used crutches a lot. When I reached my late 20's something changed. Every small bump or bruise swelled until it cut off blood supply to my muscles and nerves, killing them and causing me to go through 90 surgeries since then just to keep my arms, hands, feet and legs attached to me, even though I can't feel them anymore. I was in my prime, working for a beverage company, buying my first house, getting my first pet dog that was mine to choose, life was great!. It all changed in a matter of 3 years. I lost my job, my house, my heart and most of all spirit. I was at the lowest point one could ever be. The Dr's told me I could never walk unassisted again and would need a wheelchair ect. Then, I found Canine Support Teams. They have changed my life! Please help us

1 comment:

Jenn said...

When I tell people of your disease/condition, they are shocked. I'll never forget you falling while walking up the hill and your swollen hand the next day. You have been through so much, most people would have given up and stayed in a bubble. What Ike, and other service dogs, do for the disabled is fantastic. So glad you have Ike. :)