Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Bullied no more!


Thank you so much for your prompt response and willingness to help. I have not heard back from the woman who asked for my help:(. I really hope that they found a home for the dog and not just a kill shelter, but I have no way of knowing unless they call me. I really appreciate your response and hope we can remain in touch as fellow dog lovers. Quick story for your group

Growing up I was always the smallest kid on the block ( still am) and none of the other children would let me play with them. They bullied me to no end and I always was sad and alone, with my toys stolen and bruises. Then one day I was walking down the street and these big kids were following me throwing stuff at me calling me names ect ect. The door of the house of I was in front off opened and a man and a woman came out. They knelt down to my level and asked me if I could keep a secret...Boy could I ever was what I told them. They turned and looked at the kids that were following me and said as loud as they could ( guess it wasn't a secret) "Our Collie just had puppies and we want you to come and see them". Oh boy, was I so surprised and proud that they had picked ME to be the first ones to see their beautiful Collie puppies, Thumper andAdd Image Bambi, and Heather was their Mom. I, from that time forward was no longer regarded as the kid to pick on, now everyone wanted to play with me. I no longer needed the approval of these kids, nor did I need to play with them. Every day after school I was invited to go and play with the puppies, walk them as they grew an Heather the Mom was my forever friend!!! I will never forget the kindness of Collie people, or the gentleness of the breed that taught me so many more things as I grew.

No comments: