Wednesday, February 6, 2008

It's me...Ikey...with Mommy's scary day



Today I was really scared. Mommy was not feeling well this morning. I tried making her feel better by giving her lots of kisses, and although she said it made her feel better, I don't think that it did. Mommy is so great to all of us and she is trying so hard at school that I think she is just exhausted. I liked it when Mommy stayed home all day. I got to play with her, we went shopping a lot ( not my favorite thing, but I'm a guy, what can I say) and we went to a place called "the beach". I love "the beach" . When Mom says I was a good boy and get to go to "the beach" I know I have been extra good. At the beach I get to run around without my harness on, but only when the lifeguards are not looking. Although I am allowed on the beach because of my "job" with Mom, I don't know that the lifeguards would think I was working if I was off-leash. "The beach" is so neat, lots of birds, lots of sand and my favorite...WATER. I don't know if Mom has mentioned how much I love to swim. Well, I LOVE TO SWIM!!!! I purposely throw my toys in the pool so that I just have to go get them. I pretend to be all upset that my toy fell in. I go "whooowooowoo" with my head thrown back for added effect so that Mom won't know that I am secretly happy to go in and get my toy. She tells me "Go get the toy" and I "whooowooo" again once more, and then I JUUUMMPPP in and I land right on top of the toy. It's great!!!! Maybe Mom will make a video and put in on here so you can see me, but I will really have to pull a Benji ( world's best actor" for that one to happen:))) Enough about my love of swimming.





After Mommy told me she didn't feel good and my lame attempts at trying to help her, she talked to someone I couldn't see, on a device, and loaded me quickly in the car. I could tell we were not going to "the beach". She was crying and I was really nervous for her.



We arrived at a building where there were many people running around. I thought I remembered the smell from somewhere else that I went with Mommy. Someplace that took my Mommy and I didn't get to see her for a really long time. Now I know I can't tell time, but I know it was a long time because I went home without Mommy, I woke up without Mommy and then when I got to see her it was in a very smelly place, with a very small bed. I still got to lay on the bed with Mom, but I had to be real careful.

This new smelly building with lots of people took Mom and I to a different room. This room was quieter and it was just me and Mom and this nice lady who gave Mom a bucket. Buckets can be fun...at " the beach" but the way Mom looked at this bucket I know it was no" day at the beach", no" walk in the park", no "sunshine on my shoulders" type of bucket!. Mom kept the bucket but I could tell she didn't want it.

The lady then brought in some bags of what looked like, to my big brown eyes, water. She also brought in some pokey things that Mom's eyes grew very big upon looking at them. Oh Mom, I am so scared for you. I want to help you, sluuurppp slurrppp. There, I made Mom all better by some big tongue kisses on her hand, since right now it's the only place I can reach.

They take one of the pokey things and put it into Mom's arm. The Lady who brought them in keeps moving it around, making Mommy cry. She can't get it in Mommy's arm. She goes for the hand. Oh boy, that sure looks like it hurts. Poor Mom. The Lady finally gets the pokey thing in and then hooks up one of the bags of water and leaves Mom and I alone.

We are alone only for a little time when Mom calls out for someone. The Lady comes back in a they notice that Mom's arm is all red and has BIG bumps on it. The Lady takes the bag of water away and leaves again. Mommy is worried about her arm, as she keeps looking at it. The Lady comes back with some more water and asks Mom to feel the bag. " It feels warm" I hear Mom say and that must be a good thing because the Lady smiles and hooks the pokey thing back up to the bag. She gives Mom something else, but in my vast doggie knowledge, it all looks the same.



A little while later Mom asks the Lady to take the bucket and give me some water with it. "See Mom" I say to her, this is a nice bucket". "Maybe we can bring it to The Beach". The Lady gives me water and then I jump back up on the bed. I can't leave Mom alone.



We walk to the bathroom ( I know that word) and then Mom gets dressed. I guess she is okay. The Lady takes the pokey thing out of her hand and off we go.



I was sure scared this day.



It's me Ikey...It's Ikey....WOOOFFFFF



p.s Today I got to go swimming. Woowoohhooo

sorry of bad spelling, I'm only two and something called spell check is not working:(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Ikey and Jen! HOpe you are feeling okay. Will give a call. Hope it was just the flu. K